Tuesday, February 26, 2008

RAISE UP MY FLOWERS AND GROW!

Now is the perfect time to live in the country. Even though the trees still have no leaves, and the ground is still wet. You can't wait to go outside and sip on your drink. Whether it is a glass of wine or a cup of coffee. This the time that the horses get a little extra bounce in their step. The cows are sounding out their mating calls. Birds are trying to find that perfect tree to hang out in.

It was in the 70's and 80's this weekend. I took my Better Homes and Garden Magizine and headed to the back with my cup of coffee. The cover was so appropriate for this day - SPRING! Now, I had all intentions of sitting in the sun and enjoying this time. HOWEVER, Frank had another idea in mind! My wonderful morning turned into a weekend of yard work! I do have to state that he did give me the opportunity to finish off the cup of coffee before bringing out the riding lawn mower. Now staring at me are my dead flower beds, in need of some weeding.

I HAVE A BLACK THUMB! I can not grow a thing. My grandmother gave me an aloe vera plant and said there was nothing to it - just sit it out and grow it. That died.... Then she gave me a cactus - same instructions... same results - DIED! So, now i've moved to the best place to grow anything. At least that's what they tell me. Wharton has "Caney Creek Soil". This town has grass farms all over the place and they are so beautiful, even green in the winter! Therefore, last year I spent a pretty penny getting trying to get the benefits that come with this land. Once again, the plants died!

Now some would say, this was your first time - try again. I say, I spent hundreds of dollars and need to throw in the towel. But, I'm jealous of my neighbors. Granted they own a flower shop.. but I want it in my yard. I want the pictures in the Better Homes and Garden! Currently, I'm listening to my podcast of my favorite preacher.... Elijah advised his people to dance around the alter and shout loud to God. So, I'm headed outside to dance around my flower beds and shout to God..... RAISE UP MY FLOWERS AND GROW!!!!

No comments: